Senior Business Application Consultant (Java)
Boxfusion Consulting is a leading provider of expert consultancy to drive digital transformation, with a particular focus on implementing the Oracle CX Cloud product set.
In our six year life-span, we have grown to become the go-to experts for Oracle CX Cloud. Our customers range from household names to some of the fastest growing companies you’re yet to discover, both here in the UK and abroad. As per our founding ethos, we are dedicated to delivering our projects to the highest level of quality for all of our customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Java specialist to join our rapidly-growing Oracle CX Cloud Practice, working on cutting-edge projects.
In this role, you will be providing innovative solutions to our clients’ business needs through the design, development and implementation of Oracle Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions, in particular Oracle Java Cloud applications integrated with Oracle CX Cloud applications.
You’ll be responsible for understanding the customer’s business processes, how they can be supported through innovative Java-based applications, and ultimately then delivering those solutions.
You’ll likely be working in a wider team, and will be striving to deliver elegant, user-friendly solutions that surpass the expectations of the customer. The solutions you deliver will have a real and visible positive impact on the way our customer operates on a day to day basis.
Additionally, there will be opportunities to play a leadership/guiding role to more-junior resources.
What We’re Looking For
- At least 3+ years of experience developing Java/J2EE applications in enterprise level projects
- Experience and a proven track record of implementing APIs and building proxy Java applications to be used for integrating enterprise applications leveraging existing SOAP & REST endpoints
- Experience in software architecture and the ability to code modular, flexible & scalable applications
- Oracle ADF experience is an advantage but not essential
- Experience in managing application servers (preferably Oracle WebLogic 11g/12c) and with the confidence to set up a WebLogic instance on cloud/on premise as well as perform the basic maintenance tasks
- Experience using Oracle Java Cloud and/or Oracle Database Cloud Service (desirable)
- Experience with integrating off the shelf business applications (e.g. MS Dynamics, SFDC, SAP, Oracle CRM) (desirable)
members of the team
- Comfortable with designing data models, and with basic database knowledge (Oracle 11g/12c preferred)
- Confident to load data in databases, perform query performance analysis & manage a database instance
- Able to build productive relationships with clients and peers and able to mentor less experienced
- Passion and a genuine interest for new Oracle PaaS based technologies and products (desirable)
What We Offer
We are dedicated to providing our consultants with the ability to continually develop their knowledge and skills. You will receive industry-leading, ongoing training in Oracle CX Cloud and Oracle Platform-as-a-Service, with the aim of supporting you in continuing to be a leading expert in the technology.
You will be exposed to some of the largest and most innovative digital transformation projects in the industry, both here in the UK and further afield, giving you unparalleled experience. You’ll also be working in a team of consultants who are leaders in the Oracle CX Cloud field – as well as being a genuinely nice group of people.
As we are a smaller organisation, individual achievement is much more visible as are opportunities for personal growth, both of which will allow you to truly accelerate your development.
Estimated Start Date:
We are looking for candidates available to start in August/September 2018.
Beyond an exciting and rewarding career, we offer a generous package of £45,000 – £65,000 per annum, depending on experience and potential.
In addition, this position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus of up to 15% of salary.
- 23 days annual leave, in addition to the usual public and bank holidays for England and Wales
- Pension contributions matched up to 5%, following successful completion of probation
- Eligibility for private medical insurance upon 2 years of continuous service
- Regular office socials (past activities including junkyard golf)
- Regular Company Conferences
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply, please email email@example.com with:
- A cover letter, telling us a bit about yourself and why you’re interested in the role
- Your full CV